Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Festive Cookie-Bar/Brownie/Blondie Round-Up . . .


In keeping with the season's seemingly endless baking fest, I thought I'd gather up a nice sampling of bar-cookie/brownie/blondie recipes from past posts to share with you. I'm going to launch into an all-day baking marathon tomorrow and I need to get my ducks in a row. Thought reviewing these recipes might help get me in the mood. It's always wise to have the option of pan-baked items on the agenda along with the inevitable drop cookies, roll-out cookies, refrigerator cookies, and every other kind of cookie bound to make an appearance on the holiday platter. So, without further ado, let's plunge right in with ten favorites from days of yore . . .

Cranberry Snowdrift Bars


Nanaimo Bars


Layered (Hungarian) Apricot Bars


Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cheesecake-Swirl Brownies


Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars


Merry Mocha Streusel Bars






Strawberry Mascarpone Bars


Cream Cheese Blondies with Milk and Dark Chocolate Chips and Honey-roasted Almonds


Okay, I think that ought to keep the baking marathon on track, for a while at least. See you when we both come up for air!


(If you'd like to comment on this post, or to read any existing comments, please click on the purple COMMENTS below.)

6 comments:

Katie said...

What a delicious round up of bars. I kept thinking 'oh yes I'd love some of them...oh and them..and them!'
Happy Chirstmas

What's Baking?? said...

All are so temptingly good.

June said...

Right. That's it! I'm taking the next flight out of here and coming over to your house, Jane. To help you with the baking, of course, lol!

Seriously, though - all these are so mouth-wateringly delicious and inspiring. Inspiring enough for me to bake up a few of 'em for our Christmas this year. As I've already asked himself what he'd like out of this list, it was thumbs up for the peanut butter/cheesecake brownies (and a big thumbs-up from me, especially!!), as well as the mocha streusel bars and the apple cinnamon blondies.

Oh! And if I have any time, he said and asked oh-so-sweetly, could I possibly also make up some dark chocolate brownies, too? To keep the peanut butter and cheesecake brownies company, of course!

Here's wishing you and your loved ones a very beautiful, wonderful, happy and joy-filled Christmas, and a happy, healthy and hopeful new year. With much love, June

PH said...

Oh my goodness! They are all what I want! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Wall Decal Company said...

All of these look too good.

kitchen flavours said...

Everything looks so yummy!
Happy New Year!